Another Review! How Exciting!

You can read the review below, or go here for the original.


Review on gather.com by Connie C.

As a reader, I just never know what to expect when reading an authors first book. The Key of Kilenya by Andrea Pearson was advertised to be similar to other young adult (YA) fantasy books that I had enjoyed. Since the author was offering this book for free at Smashwords for a limited time, I thought it was worth my time to read this book.

I was not disappointed with this YA fantasy. On page 1 of the 215 page story, I was taken from the extreme past to the present in a smooth yet unexpected move. Just a few short pages later, I was thrown into another world that was filled with danger and unexplained things occurring at an alarming pace. I found myself feeling the fear and confusion of the main character. I found the story easy to follow and exciting from page one to the last page. Like other fantasy stories, I had read, it was unpredictable.

The author has a rare talent to keep the reader interested while making them wonder what is going to happen next. The author has a wonderful imagination and quick with words that that that imagination to the mind of the reader as they are drawn into a world of make believe. I felt like I was in the another world and was in danger as much as the character was. I enjoyed the experience of being thrown from modern life to a world where danger comes from all sides.

This book is the first of a six part series and I find myself anxiously awaiting the next book.

I am impressed with this author and will be adding her to my list of authors to keep up to date on.

I rate this book a 5 star in strength of characters.

I rate this book a 5 star for the story line and the interest level.

I rate this book a 4 ½ on the ending. I know it is the first of six but I hate waiting to find out more. I wish the story had been longer than the 215 pages

I believe this author will go far and I recommend this book for youth as well as adults who enjoy a well written, exciting and easy to follow fantasy book.

NOTE TO PARENTS:
This book is geared for youth ages 12 through adults. You do not have to worry about your child reading a lot of violence, s*x or cussing. It is a great book for youth. The author uses Impressive, high quality values in her writing.


Thanks to Connie for the great review! :-)

- Andrea